Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Luke's recent menu

I haven't updated about Luke's solids in awhile, so I thought I'd write a quick note to let everyone know what Luke is eating! After trying oatmeal with him unsuccessfully, I finally decided to give up on the cereal - he just HATES it. We haven't ventured back to rice, despite knowing there is no allergy, because I'm just too worried about going through the vomiting again.

I know he has no milk allergy, so I've been feeding him vanilla yogurt for breakfast. He enjoys it plain, but to add some nutrients, I add mashed up banana. He likes it, although every once in awhile he gets a small chunk and has no idea what to do with it. Here he is enjoying his banana yogurt!
For a veggie, I bought eggplant, green beans, carrots and sweet potatoes at the store. I steamed a sweet potato yesterday and added a few shakes of cinnamon while pureeing it. He loved it! In fact, I took a bit and gave Linds a bite...and it seriously took feats of strength for us not to devour the rest of it. I need to start making mashed sweet potatoes at dinner - healthy and scrumptious!

I'm planning to make a few recipes that I've found on my FAVORITE homemade baby food site: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/. That site is the most comprehensive I've found and offers so much great information. If you're interested in making baby food, you MUST check out Wholesome Baby Food!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails