Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Jan. 18 - Lasagna & Amish Bread

I *finally* broke in my bread maker! I decided to make the frozen lasagna I bought last week at BJs (a 12-person size lasagna for only $6.50!) and I figured what better side dish than some bread? It was super easy once I figured out how to take the bread pan out (which was a good 20 minute ordeal) and it tasted delicious! The lasagna was pretty good, too (nothing like a homemade one, but god it's so nice to have a quick easy meal every so often!).

On a separate note, El Vez was phenomenal! We got 2 pitchers of margaritas, the Nacho Mamma appetizer (nachos with black beans), and then I got the enchilada sampler (black bean, shrimp and chicken) and the boy got surf and turf tacos. We were way too stuffed to get dessert, but they sounded so good. Maybe next time? Here's my margarita!



Here's the Amish Bread recipe - it's not strikingly full of flavor, but it's a great, soft bread - Linds couldn't get enough!

Amish Bread
Ingredients
2 3/4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon dry active yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup + 2 tablespoons water

Directions
  1. Put ingredients into bread pan starting with wet ingredients, then dry ingredients, and finally the yeast.
  2. Select white bread setting; press start.
Bake time is about 3 hours or so and it makes a 1 - 1 1/2 lb. loaf. Here's the finished product!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails