Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan. 7 - Mixed-up enchiladas & the strike is over!

As of 5 p.m., Luke has finished his nursing strike! Yee-haw! I tried every trick suggested by lactation consultants and as I was nearing the end of my rope, I decided the "warm bath" trick - take a bath with the baby, get a lot of skin-to-skin contact and try again. Luckily, it worked! We've had a few sessions since then, so I'm confident he's back on the wagon.

We have some pizza leftover from dinner last night, but only enough for one person. I figured we'd do a "leftovers" Friday, so I wanted to make something tonight that would leave some extras. I decided to do the mixed-up enchiladas - pretty much a mixture of everything you'd normally find in enchiladas, served over rice. It's, by far, one of my favorite dinners - but definitely not diet-friendly. It may not look entirely appetizing, but good lord, it is DELICIOUS!!



Mixed-up Enchiladas
Ingredients
1 - 2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 small onion
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1 can enchilada sauce
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
10 corn tortillas, crushed
1 - 2 cups cheddar cheese
Rice

Directions
  1. Brown ground beef. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
  2. When complete, add green chilies, enchilada sauce and cream of mushroom soup. Mix well.
  3. Add corn tortillas, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
  4. Cover with cheese and let melt.
  5. Serve after a few minutes over rice.

Give it a shot when you aren't feeling diet-conscious and let me know what you think!

    No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails