Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Blogging our way through 2010

One of my resolutions this year was to start a blog - I've always wanted to journal, but never had an idea of a theme that would translate well into the "online world." I figure my obsession with food and Luke's struggles with starting solids were the perfect catalysts to starting a food blog about what I'm feeding my family. I'd like to have pictures, recipes, etc. to include.

I'm a stay at home mom, so it's primarily my responsibility to make sure there is food on the table each night. Lindsay (my three year old daughter) is a great eater, so I rarely have issues with her, but her brother Luke (7 months old) is really struggling with starting on baby food. He projectile vomits rice cereal (no matter the quantity he eats), spits up pretty decent size amounts of most other foods, and grimaces and gags anytime he eats. He's thriving on breastmilk, so I'm not too worried (maybe we'll skip the pureed crap altogether!), but it's still an exhaustive effort to figure out what is going wrong. Patches of bright red eczema all over his cheeks, chin and neck make me wonder if it could be allergies?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails