Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Jan. 8 - Leftovers & Wine

One of my goals this year is to lessen the amount of food we waste (we toss WAY too much stuff), so we're going to be doing a lot more leftovers than we have in the past. There is some baked potato pizza and mixed-up enchiladas we haven't finished, so we'll have that for dinner tonight.

In place of a recipe, I wanted to share my new favorite wine! We received a bottle of Funky Llama wine from Scott's uncle and it is EXCELLENT. I looked it up on the PA Wine & Spirits site and they sell it at all of the stores for only $7 for small bottle or $13 for the big one. We polished off a small bottle of the pinot noir easily last night. I'm not usually a red wine drinker (I prefer white), but my taste buds are slowly learning to enjoy a wider variety. I'll still take a glass of Blue Nun any day, but I think I could get used to some reds on an occasional basis, too.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails