Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Egg Salad

I was in the mood for some egg salad today (and needed to use up some of the two dozen eggs I have in my fridge!), so I decided to make some for lunch. Linds loves it just as much as I do...although I can't help but giggle to myself every time I talk about making it after watching The 40 Year Old Virgin. ("I went out and got, like, a dozen eggs and I boiled them all and then I just I-I spent, I don't know, probably three hours... like three and a half hours making you know, the mayonnaise and the onions and paprika and, you know, all the accoutrement. And then by the time I was done I just really didn't feel like eating it.") Now, my recipe doesn't take 3.5 hours (only about 20 minutes), but it sure is delicious. And, unlike Andy, I always want to eat it when I'm finished!

Here's my recipe...I don't like onion in mine, although the original recipe calls for it.

Egg Salad
Ingredients
6 hard-cooked eggs, diced
2 tablespoons light mayo
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients; stir well.
  2. Cover and chill.
Yield: 6 servings. About 100 calories per serving.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails