Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

CVS Savings - 4/8

CVS is always a GREAT place to get deals if you have an ExtraCare card and clip coupons. There are many times when I walk away with deals I can't possibly imagine! Thursday's trip was definitely one of them.

First, when you go to CVS, you need to start off by scanning your ExtraCare card at their price scanner kiosk. It'll spit out a whole bunch of coupons for the store that you can combine with manufacturers' coupons. When I scanned mine I got $3 off any purchase.

Then, armed with their circular and my coupon book, I went to town. Here's what I got:
  • Head & Shoulders 14.2 oz. bottle of 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner: originally $5.99, on sale for $4.99 + $1 extra buck reward, making it $3.99; I also had a BOGO free manufacturer's coupon, so I got two bottles.
  • Clairol Natural Instincts: originally $9.49, on sale for $5.99 + $2 extra buck rewards, making it $3.99; I also had a coupon for $3 off.
  • Pantene 12.6 oz. bottle of shampoo: originally $4.99, on sale for $2.99 + $1 extra buck reward, making it $1.99; I also used a coupon for $1 off any 2 Pantene shampoos.
  • Pantene 6.5 oz. root-lift style product: originally $4.99, on sale for $2.99 + $1 extra buck reward, making it $1.99; I also used a coupon for $1 off.
  • Disney Princess vitamins: $7.49, on sale BOGO free; I also had a $1 off coupon.
  • Downy fabric softener: originally $5.49, on sale for $3.99; I also used a $1 off coupon.
Now, in order to take full advantage of my extra reward bucks, I split my trip into two purchases. Don't forget, I also used that $3 off coupon I printed out when I first arrived. When it was all said and done, the total should have been $56.91. After coupons, extra reward bucks, sales, etc., I only paid...
$15.19!
That is a savings of almost 75%! These deals are good through today (Saturday, 4/10), so if you're near a CVS and have some coupons (or even just the need for some cheap products), I highly recommend it! Just buy your products with extracare rewards in your first purchase and then use your extra bucks toward the rest of your non-reward products in the second check out. Here's my stash!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails