Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Apr. 8 - Hot dogs & Mac-n-cheese

We wound up having visitors until late afternoon yesterday, so the hot wings I was planning to make got bumped to Friday's menu. Instead, I realized at 5:30 p.m. that I had nothing defrosted and had to figure out something quickly. I found two hot dogs in the freezer, called the boy up and asked him if he wanted me to grill those up. He said he'd rather eat them cut up in his Kraft macaroni and cheese...throwin it back to food we ate when we were kids!

By the time I started making the mac-n-cheese, it was after 7:00 and I opened up my milk. Food Fail. It was spoiled. Gah! Linds hates the stuff and Luke still nurses, so they don't drink it. The boy and I also do not have a taste for it (yuck!). I ended up having to run to three different neighbors' houses until I found someone home to give me a quarter-cup. After I came home, Luke was screaming, so the boy finished dinner, and I put Luke to sleep. After that was done, Linds needed to be put to bed, so there she went. By the time I was done, it was after 8:00, so I ate the rest of a turkey hoagie (thank you, Christy!) and leftover artichoke dip with veggies (thank you, Sarah!).
LOL - not the most glamorous of meals, but it sure tasted good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails