Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Apr. 18 - Pizza & Gardening

We started our garden! One of the veggies I wanted to try was lettuce, and since it loves the cold weather, we planted early. We just tossed seeds in the ground (nothing pre-planted indoors), so we'll see if this works out?! When Scott started preparing the area, he claimed there were a million spiders throughout the mulch and dirt that was already there, but by the time I got out there, I saw nothing. A few "experts" told me that the bugs were okay, and since we're trying to go organic in there, I didn't want to put anything into the ground that was harmful. I took a photo of Scott raking the soil - it's my first picture of the garden!
When we were done, I was going to make shrimp stir-fry, but the boy was in the mood for pizza, so pizza it was! We got Dominos, which we are totally diggin since they redid their recipe. I got my usual - spinach and feta with the white sauce on thin crust; the boy got sausage and extra cheese on his hand-tossed crust. We also got an order of their buffalo chicken kickers - not too bad...nothing extraordinary, but it tasted good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails