Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Apr. 15 - Grilled Chicken Salads

I DID IT!!! I learned how to grill!!! So, there really wasn't much "learning" involved - but, damn it, I figured it out. I'm pretty proud of myself! It might not be a big deal to some, but it's one new thing I can add to my cooking repertoire that I hadn't been able to do before.

I used one of the marinades I got during yesterday's fabulous grocery buy (89 cents, originally $2.79!) and had the chicken marinating all day. I fired up the grill and voila - grilled chicken!
Surprisingly enough, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I had anticipated! I served it over lettuce and cheese (our salad fixins were a little slim) and with some of the leftover sweet potato cornbread from the other night.
 
Ooooh - and before I forget! I put Marie Calendar's bleu cheese vinaigrette dressing on mine. If you've never tried it and like bleu cheese, you absolutely MUST give this one a try. Absolutely delicious. Now, it's off to mom's night out - WAHOO!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails