Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Apr. 9 - Buffalo Wings

I found a recipe that claimed to have Hooters-style wings, so I decided to give it a whirl...I was going to serve them to the boy after the kids went to bed in a tight white tee shirt and my best pull-up bra on just to make it more authentic, you know? But, alas, even the best push-up bra would NOT make me look like a Hooters girl. Maybe I should take some tips from my former-Hooters friend....oh, c'mon - you think I'm going to divulge her name on here?! She doesn't have to worry - her secret is safe with me!

But, back to the actual food! The wings turned out pretty well - I could have used more sauce, though, which I didn't realize until after they finished cooking. I also didn't fry them, which is supposed to be what makes them truly authentic, but they were still pretty crispy baked. Not the best wings I've ever had, but I think they could have been had they been fried. Next time, I'll screw the health-consciousness in me!

Buffalo Chicken Wings
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 chicken wings

Directions
  1. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving. 
  2. In a Ziploc bag, combine the flour, paprika and salt. Place chicken wings inside and shake to coat. Refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes. (VERY important!) 
  3. Place wings on baking sheets sprinkled with a little more flour and sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes turning once. Cover with hot sauce and bake at 300 for 15 minutes.
  4. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails