Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 9 - Sausage Egg Casserole

Tonight was my first night of Zumba - and I'm already addicted to it! What an amazingly fun, but challenging work out. I can't wait for the next class! Since I wanted to leave as soon as the boy got home (stupid rain made his commute well over 2 hours long...ugh...), I decided to make a casserole that the kids and I could eat earlier and he could reheat when he came home. This one is really easy and is good for any meal really. I sometimes make it for brunch or dinner, but it reheats well for lunch, too.

Sausage Casserole
Ingredients
8 slices crustless bread
1 tube of sausage, browned
1 T vegetable oil
1 onion, sautéed
6 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cheddar cheese

Directions
  1. Spray 9x13 glass dish. 
  2. Layer in the following order: bread, cooked sausage and onion. 
  3. Whisk eggs, milk and soup and pour over top. Top with cheese. 
  4. Cover and refrigerate overnight. 
  5. Bake 40 – 50 minutes at 350.
The prep time is only 10 minutes or so - it's really a quick meal...the cook time is the long part, but not all that bad. We just ate the casserole last night, although sometimes I do a salad to go with it, too.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails