Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 14 - 17

Wow, so not only did I screw up my dates from the last couple posts, but I also have been SO remiss in posting updates. I can't believe I haven't done any of this?!? To say we've been busy is a HUGE understatement (it's been a craaaaazy week), so I think I'm just going to start fresh tomorrow. But, just in case you were interested, here's what we've been eating (I'm going to go backwards):

June 17: Buffalo chicken salads
June 16: French dip sandwiches with au jus
June 15: Takeout from Cheeburger Cheeburger (for my birthday!)
June 14: Frozen pizza (it wasn't delivery...it was DiGiorno!)

The only recipe I have was for the sandwiches, and it is definitely a scrumptious one. Here it is:


French Dip Sandwiches w/ au jus
Ingredients
2 pounds beef roast
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle of lager
6 French rolls
2 tablespoons butter
Minced onion, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce to taste

Directions
  1. Place roast in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Season with onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on low setting for 7 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
  4. One hour before serving, slice meat on the diagonal, and return to slow cooker for 60 minutes.
  5. Place on the rolls. Serve the sauce for dipping.

Sorry for the crappy photo - I remembered to take a photo of Lindsay's after she was half-way finished and only managed to use my cell phone camera.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails