Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 7 - Hamburgers

We had two hamburgers leftover from the weekend, some corn on the cob that needed to be eaten, a little pasta salad to finish off, and a huge 4-lb bag of broccoli florets that we're slowly working our way through. I figured it would be a perfect "smorgasbord" night where everyone got a little of whatever. The boy and I had burgers, while Luke and Linds ate hot dogs; the boy and Linds also got the corn on the cob, and I ate broccoli. Luke's going through an "I hate veggies" phase, so he ate some mandarin oranges with his dinner...I just can't for the life of me get him to eat any veggies, no matter how they're cooked.

I grilled the broccoli again, which I'm really enjoying lately. I marinated it in a little red wine vinegar, soy sauce and garlic and it turned out great.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails