Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4 - Grilled Swordfish

I was going to make mahi mahi this week (the only fish the boy will eat), but Wegmans' seafood frozen section didn't have any in it, and I was so not in the mood to hike all the way back to the regular frozen food section to get it. I ended up getting swordfish, figuring that the boy might not notice the difference between two white pieces of fish?! Of course he unloaded the groceries that night and was like, "ew, swordfish?" ::sigh::

I pigged out at our monthly Munchin Mamas meeting today (fabulous dessert recipes to follow soon!), so I wanted something lighter for dinner. I marinated the swordfish, heated up an Uncle Ben's 90-second rice packet, and put together a quick salad for the boy and me. He actually ate AND enjoyed the swordfish (score!), and the rice was so-so. It was cooked really well (better than expected for a 90-second microwave bag), but the flavor (four cheese) was just not that great. I have two more bags (harvest vegetable and butter/garlic), so I'll give a better review once we try a new flavor.

I forgot to take a photo of dinner, but below is the 90-second rice packet I mentioned. It claims to only be 2 servings, but I dished it out to the boy, myself and Linds and it was plenty.
Here's my swordfish marinade...it was pretty good. Nothing exciting or super flavorful, but it gave the fish a nice, subtle taste.

Grilled Swordfish Marinade
Ingredients

4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme
3/4 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 swordfish steaks

Directions
  1. In a Ziploc bag, combine the garlic, white wine, lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix just to blend. Place swordfish steaks into the marinade, and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning frequently.
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
  3. Grill swordfish steaks 6 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails