Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Starting my own garden

I've always wanted to start my own vegetable garden, but never went forward with the idea. I love veggies and am always trying to get the boy and kids to eat more of them, so what better way than by growing them myself? I think Linds is old enough, too, to enjoy watching the garden grow.

I'm not sure what I'm going to start off planting, although I'd definitely like to do some zucchini and peppers. We also eat a lot of beans and carrots, but I'm not sure how easy those are to grow. I'd also like to do some fruit (maybe strawberries?), but I'm not sure if this is too ambitious.

If you are an "expert" and have any advice, I'd love it! Luckily the boy's family is big into farming (his grandparents are former farm owners and his parents have a great crop from their own garden each summer), so I do have some resources. I'm excited - I can't wait to start growing some of my own food!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails