Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mar. 7 - Grilled Chicken

Okay, it was 57 degrees out today - wahooooo! After the weather we've been having, it was almost as if we should have been in bathing suits and flip-flops...well, okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but still - 57 felt GREAT. I still hadn't separated the chicken I bought earlier in the week, so I had a ton in the fridge to use. I rubbed a little olive oil on the chicken and salted and peppered it (we dipped it in some A1 then for extra flavor). I also made some broccoli and cheese rice and braised carrots, which could possibly be my favorite vegetables to eat! They're easy to make and so delicious.

Braised Carrots
Ingredients
1 lb bag of baby carrots
1/2 cup water or chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
  2. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until water/broth evaporates.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails