Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How to Toast Coconut

I'm making a coconut-pistachio pie for my Munchin Mamas club, which I've never made before. It called for 2 1/2 cups of toasted coconut, but in all of my cooking experience, I don't think I've ever toasted a single flake of coconut. So, I went and "Googled" it and found a few different methods. I went with the oven, so here's how I did it:

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spread coconut flakes across baking sheet in a single layer.
  3. Bake, checking every 2 - 3 minutes. They burn fast, so you have to make sure you keep a close eye on them. Mine took about 10 minutes or so.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails