Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Munchin' Mamas!

A bunch of friends and I decided to start a recipe club where we pick a theme each month and rotate houses, bringing a dish that correlates to the theme. This was the first installment and since it's February and Valentine's Day is approaching, we thought we'd do a dish we love. There was an amazing variety (a vegetarian dish, a few main dishes, desserts, sides, etc.) and everything was SO amazing! I think I'm going to post all of the recipes Since they were all things I'd definitely make again.

I did Sheila's Spinach Casserole (a spinach dish perfected by my grandmother and passed down to my mom and eventually to me) - and it was a hit! Here's the recipe:

Sheila's Spinach Casserole
Ingredients
3 boxes of spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup of sour cream
1 package dried onion soup mix
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Mix sour cream and onion soup mix; stir into spinach.
  2. Melt butter.
  3. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, mixing in the butter.
  4. Top the spinach mix with bread and cheese.
  5. Cook at 325 for 30 - 40 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails