Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feb. 18 - Cheese & Crackers

The boy is traveling, so we are on our own for dinner! After spending an afternoon with Sarah, Gina and all the kiddos, eating ridiculous amounts of food, I wasn't even hungry when 6:00 rolled around. We had grilled paninis, filled with turkey, ham and swiss cheese, with sourdough and pumpernickel breads...absolutely fantastic! We also had spicy Doritos (yummmm) and chocolate fondue with marshmallows, pretzels and strawberries to dip. Sarah also pulled out macaroons that she had taken to a playdate the day before, and I tell you what - dipping those in the chocolate fondue was like making gigantic mounds bars - pure food bliss.

When we got home, I fed Linds some pizza and fruit, and miraculously got both kids to bed. I munched on some wheat crackers, Heidi Ann swiss cheese (my new favorite from the deli at Wegmans), Dijon mustard and cashews. It was enough to fill me up, but not feel like any more of a cow than I already do. I think the box of merlot is beckoning, so I'll probably wash this down with a small glass before bed :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails