Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Breakfast

I'm beginning to get tired of breakfast - I got into a groove where enjoyed it there for awhile, but now, I'm just so sick of all the breakfast foods. Cereal doesn't fill me up enough, I've done yogurt so much, waffles/pancakes/french toast/etc. are just too calorie-heavy, oatmeal isn't my favorite...yada, yada, yada. When I woke up this morning, I started searching through my cabinets and decided I was hungry for pumpernickel bread, Heidi Ann swiss cheese (my FAVORITE from Wegmans' deli!) and eggs. I decided to toast the bread, split the eggs into yolks and whites, made Luke the yolks and myself an egg white omelet, topped mine with the swiss cheese and tossed it on the pumpernickel bread. It actually was super yummy - I loved my little sandwich and Luke totally dug the yolks. Finding a new finger food that he enjoys and can feed himself is always exciting to me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails