Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feb. 16 - Pork BBQ, Potatoes & Carrots

I had a container of pre-made pork BBQ in the freezer, so I defrosted that and decided to make sandwiches, roasted garlic red potatoes, steamed carrots and sugar-free banana pudding for dessert. The pork had that defrosted taste - probably not a good idea to freeze it next time I buy it (although I don't think I liked that brand anyways), but the potatoes and carrots were delicious!

Here's my potato recipe!

Garlic Red Potatoes
Ingredients

2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Place potatoes in an 8x8 inch baking dish.
  3. In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic, salt and lemon juice; pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over potatoes.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes (or until golden brown).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails