Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feb. 17 - Wine and More Wine

Wednesday was just the ultimate crap day. Luke screamed all morning and fussed all afternoon - there was nothing that could soothe this child. Lindsay was well-behaved in the morning, but proceeded to melt down all afternoon. By the time 5:00 rolled around, I was planning on fettuccine alfredo, topped with chopped broccoli, but shortly thereafter I realized I'd be lucky to get a pot of water boiling, much less make the alfredo and broccoli?! By 6:30, the kids were in their absolute worst form, and it was all I could do to just put the pasta in the water and pour myself a glass of wine. By the time the boy got home, I didn't even have an appetite, so I just drank a second glass and ate a couple of rice cakes. The boy and Linds had some spaghetti and jarred sauce, but that was as much as effort as I could muster.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails