Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 20 - Crab cakes, corn, mashed potatoes

Acme had a great sale on crab meat and I had a couple of $2 off coupons, so I picked up a bunch of crab meat and decided to make some seafood! I knew the kiddos wouldn't eat them (although I swear Linds scarfed them down before, but maybe I'm imagining that?), so I made them nuggets. It was funny looking at their nuggets, mashed taters and corn...totally reminded me of an elementary school lunch!

Everything came out really well, but it never fails - my cakes always fall apart when I try to flip them. I think I need to form them earlier and pop 'em in the fridge for a couple hours before hand just to firm them up. Regardless, they still tasted fantastic!

Crab Cakes
Ingredients
8oz. Phillips crab meat
1/2 tsp. seafood seasoning
1 egg
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1.5 tsp. mustard
1.5 tsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1/4 c. breadcrumbs

Directions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for crab meat. 
  2. Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps. 
  3. Shape into cakes. 
  4. Pan fry until golden brown.
I didn't take any photos since I was a little embarrassed about the floppiness of the cake. You know what they  look like though!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails