Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Grocery shopping time

I desperately need to restock the pantry and get back into my bulk shopping trips (which will be SO much easier with Linds in preschool and only having to take Luke with me!). There were some great meat deals at Giant and Acme over the next day or two, so I'll probably have to schlep them both with me - but they shouldn't take long, so no big deal. I made my meal list, so here's what we'll be eating over the next two weeks (and after looking back over it, I must be craving Mexican and potatoes?!):
  • Mixed-up Enchiladas (a super easy under 30-minute meal that I'm making for September's Munchin Mamas meeting...the theme? Under 30 minute meals. I'm stoked to get some new quick recipes to put on the roster.)
  • Blue cheese beef tenderloin, roasted garlic red potatoes and green beans
  • Slow cooker whole chicken (I've never cooked an entire chicken myself, so this should be fun), jasmine rice and braised carrots
  • Crab cakes, mashed potatoes and corn
  • Chicken fajitas and black beans
  • Chicken enchiladas (these Velveeta/cream cheese things that I'm not too fond of, but the boy begs for it, so I relent once or twice a year)
  • Beer-glazed ham, au gratin potatoes and peas
  • Baked potato soup and rosemary bread
  • Tortellini and salad (and probably some of the leftover rosemary bread)
  • BFD (breakfast for dinner!) - eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails