Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6 - Honey Dijon Chicken

A couple weeks ago I clipped a coupon for 50 cents of any Lawry's marinade...it went on sale for $1 at Acme that week, so after it doubled, I ended up getting it for free! Since I had a bunch of other kinds of marinade, I bought a honey dijon flavor. I wasn't sure if the boy would enjoy it (he's picking with his meat - he doesn't want fruit with it or anything sweet), but I know he likes honey mustard, so I figured it was a safe bet. I grilled up some chicken breasts that were marinating in the sauce all day.

I also made some scalloped potatoes (boxed - quick and easy) and Linds and I munched on frozen peas with everything else. I can't stand the thought of eating vegetables frozen, but for some reason, ever since I was a kid, peas are the best when they're frozen! My mom used to give it to us as a snack when we were younger.

I don't have any recipes since I didn't have to actually "prepare" anything, but here's what it looked like:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails