Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 28 - Salsa Pasta

I had 3/4 lb of ground beef in the fridge that I had to use and needed a quick lunch, so I threw together some salsa pasta this morning. It's not my favorite recipe - in fact, it's pretty reminiscent of all of those Hamburger Helper dinners the boy and I ate when I was in college...blech!! - but, it's easy, quick and everyone seems to eat it with little complaint.

Salsa Pasta
Ingredients
1 small onion, diced
3/4 lb. ground beef
2 cups beef broth
3/4 cup water
2 cup elbow mac.(I ran out so I used some farfalle.)
10.5 oz. condensed cheese soup
1 cup salsa

Directions
  1. Sauté onions and beef. Drain fat. 
  2. Add broth and water to meat. Bring to boil. 
  3. Add mac, cover and stir, cook over medium heat for 10 min. 
  4. Stir in soup and salsa. Heat to serving temperature.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails