Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Monday, November 22, 2010

In a funk

I feel like I'm in a cooking funk. Lately, I just feel wholly uninspired to create a nice big meal, sit down as a family and enjoy it like I usually do. I have no idea what it is - maybe it was the end of daylight savings time which makes it dark before 5? Or perhaps it's the fact that Luke's hitting that picky stage where he either refuses to eat it altogether, or he chews it up and then spits it out (which has subsequently given Linds the idea that she can refuse the food, too)? Or it could be because the boy hasn't come home from work until 7:00 every night for the past two or three weeks? This means the kids eat at 5:30 and I snack throughout the afternoon so I can wait until 7:30 to have dinner with him (and let me tell you - that hasn't been kind to my whole "getting in shape/losing the last 5 lbs of pregnancy weight" endeavor - grrrrrr). Who knows? It could be sheer laziness, too! All I know is that we're living off of take-out, prepared foods (chicken nuggets, those Barber's stuffed chicken breasts, Kraft mac-n-cheese, pastas, etc.), and PB&Js (well, AB&Js for Luke!). Hopefully this funk ends soon because I do miss eating good, homemade food...I guess I just want someone else to make it for me?!?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails