Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 26 - Mac & Cheese

My niece came over on Friday for a night of girly fun and a sleepover with Linds and me (yeah, the boys were here, too, but we didn't pay much attention to them!). It was so much fun painting nails, doing hair, picking out outfits, and watching movies with the two of them. I figured I'd make some mac & cheese for dinner since every kid in the world seems to like that, right? Wrong!

Instead of just throwing a box of Kraft on the stove, I actually grated cheese and made my own - it's way better than the box stuff in my opinion. Wouldn't you know ALL THREE KIDS turned their nose up at it?! Caroline said it was "too crunchy" and Linds followed suit. To their defense, it was oven-baked, so it wasn't super creamy which I guess kids prefer. But to make it worse, the boy ate it and said, "well, it's okay - but definitely not your best." Yeesh - thanks. I'll post the recipe still because I'm pretty sure the boy's issue was with the kinds of cheese I used (too much Swiss).

Macaroni & Cheese
Ingredients
1 box of elbow macaroni
2 eggs
6 cups mixed cheese
1 cup of milk

Directions
  1. Cook pasta and drain.
  2. Mix eggs, milk and cheese.
  3. Add pasta to cheese mixture.
  4. Bake 45 minutes at 350.
Didn't get a photo of the food, but here are Miss L and Caroline having a blast together!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails