Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Monday, November 22, 2010

November 18 - Chicken & Dumplings

I actually cooked "real food" twice last week, so as much of a funk as I'm in, we're at least getting *something* decent to eat here and there?! I made slow cooker chicken & dumplings on Thursday last week and Lindsay, Luke AND Scott all enjoyed it - I swear, it was a small miracle. I've made it before, but I couldn't remember how it was received...I was definitely tempting fate, but it was worth it.

Chicken & Dumplings
Ingredients
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
1 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, finely diced
1 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
1 can mixed veggies
1 can chicken broth

Directions
  1. Place the chicken, butter, soups, veggies and onion in a slow cooker. (It will look VERY liquidy, but that's what you want.)
  2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High or 10 hours on Low. 
  3. About 3 hours before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. (You can also do this as close to an hour before serving.)
I forgot to take a picture, but I have this leftover one from earlier this year, which will give you the general idea :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails