Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 17 - Rosemary Ranch Chicken

The whole art of the big Sunday dinner seems to be a foregone conclusion for so many families I know. Busy weeks lead into busy weekends and taking the time to put together a big meal by the time Sunday hits is last on the list of important things to do. I know I've been guilty of this lately! I've come to realize, however, that if we take the time to sit down (with the television OFF) and enjoy some food together, the kids tend to be generally happier and easier to put to bed. With this in mind, I decided to put some effort into tonight's dinner (rather than slapping together some pasta and jarred sauce like I had been thinking) and make a nice Sunday dinner.

I gave Linds a couple choices and let her pick - rosemary ranch chicken, white rice (with some of the chicken marinade over top), and braised carrots. Once 5:00 hit, she insisted on helping and I couldn't have been more excited to have her in the kitchen with me! Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love to cook on my own...but having someone there to keep me company and measure ingredients with made it all the more enjoyable.

Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs
Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once preheated, bake the chicken covered in the marinade for approximately 25 minutes or until juices run clear

Braised Carrots
Ingredients
1 lb bag of baby carrots
1/2 cup water or chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
  2. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until water/broth evaporates. 
 

.

1 comment:

Lori A. said...

Love rosemary ranch chicken kabobs! I've been making these for awhile and they're a big hit in our family. I have always cooked them on the grill but will have to try them in the oven with the cold weather coming. :)
Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails