Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Yeesh...another gap in recipes

So it's been quite awhile since I've updated...again... It's been a ridiculously busy past week or two! My BFF is in town, so we've been squeezing as much time in together as possible until she returns to Florida. We went out for drinks at Firecreek and saw Eclipse last week, then we attended our 10 year high school reunion, made a trip out to Dutch Wonderland, and had an "Under the Sea" party at her parents' house, complete with decorations and a BBQ with her family and mine. It's been a blast!

I've also been trying to use up all of our leftovers and frozen stuff, so I haven't been cooking all that much lately. I did make some Wacky Mac pasta with steamed broccoli and alfredo sauce when my friend Christy and her son Logan came to visit earlier this week, and used some maple apple sausage we had from our big freezer pack purchase to make a kick ass breakfast burrito another night.

I'm going to post the recipe I used for the burritos...they were scrumptious and the boy and Linds loved them. Luke wasn't thrilled, but he threw his hot dog off the plate, too, so I guess he wasn't too hungry?


Maple Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Ingredients
10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1 pound maple sausage
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
8 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup light cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
Salsa and sour cream to taste

Directions
  1. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 300 degree F oven to warm.
  2. Crumble and cook sausage, onion and peppers in skillet over medium heat until browned. Pour in beaten eggs and onion and continue to cook. (I cooked the peppers and onion separately since I knew Linds wouldn't care for them.)
  3. In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
  4. On each tortilla, spread a thin layer of cheese mixture. Top with sausage and peppers mixture. Roll up and serve with salsa. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails