Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Should I start this back up?

I'm on my last bit of crumbs on the shelves (and yes, managed to delay grocery shopping ANOTHER day!), and as I started planning out a few meals that I needed to shop for, I felt a total lack of inspiration. Spaghetti, grilled chicken, tacos ::YAWN:: I needed some new recipes (or old favs I forgot about), flipped through my recipe box on AllRecipes and then wondered why I haven't bothered to scroll back through here. I came across a few recipes that I haven't made in ages and added a bunch to the menu: cornbread chicken enchilada casserole (Katie B's sensational recipe!), crab quiche, and ribs.

As I went back through old entries, I came across some really great memories...Luke's diagnosis with his peanut allergy and our journey into peanut-free living (guess who's a peanut butter fanatic now with no issues?), beers and park food with Uncle Zach and Aunt Rachel when the three of us took the kids to Hersheypark, Lindsay's and my colorful rice krispies treats...things that I had nearly forgotten about.

So, I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again - I think I'm going to try to get back into this! My tenure as MOMS Club president is coming to an end, so I will have a little extra time on my hands. I'm working now, but don't put in enough hours to be able to use that as an excuse. Bear with me...I'm sure my effort will be shaky at first, but I'll hopefully fall back into the routine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails