Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23 - Crab Quiche

I finally squeezed in grocery shopping Saturday afternoon (which totally reminded me why I *never* run errands during the weekend...so packed in the store even at 2:00?!?), and then we had a family dinner out at PF Chang's later that afternoon. Yesterday my friend Meg and I ran the Victory 5K and celebrated afterwards with drinks and apps at Victory Brewing Company. I beat my previous race time by 3.5 minutes, finishing in 26:13 - the fastest I've ever done!

So today is officially the first day since actually having food that I cooked. I decided to make a crab quiche - it's been awhile since I've done a BFD (breakfast for dinner for the new followers) - and it was excellent. Last time I made it, I just did the crab and green onions, but I bought some asparagus and it gave it the perfect extra kick. Definitely putting this one back in the rotation more often!

Crab Quiche
Ingredients
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cans crab meat (or 1 cup fresh)
1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
5 spears asparagus, chopped
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, mayonnaise, flour, milk, crab, cheese, asparagus and onion. Spread into pie shell.
  3. Bake for 60 - 75 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

    No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails