Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 24 - Garlic-Lemon Double Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Linds has been begging for mashed potatoes lately and since her last day of school is Wednesday, I figured I'd make them Tuesday night as a pre-celebration. I made the taters, green beans with almonds and garlic-lemon double stuffed chicken breasts. It didn't dawn on me how much butter I used until after I was done - used a good amount over the chicken, sautéed the almonds in it, added a little to the beans, and then all the butter that goes into the potatoes...by the time I was done, my nice little meat/potato/veggie meal felt as greasy as fast food?!? It tasted great, but I'd like to just ignore the calorie count that was in that one, thankyouverymuch!

The chicken was really good...a little rich, but otherwise tasty. I mostly eyeballed amounts and used what I thought we'd eat, so there's not many measurements. I usually do two large breasts for our family, which is always plenty.


Garlic-Lemon Double Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients
oil, for greasing pan
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/3-fat cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch slices
shredded Cheddar cheese
milk
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a large, shallow baking dish with oil.
  2. Pound chicken flat. Coat one side with cream cheese and sprinkle cheddar on top. Roll together and place toothpicks through to hold. Set aside.
  3. Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Carefully dip each breast first in milk, then in breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to firmly coat. Place breasts side by side in a single layer in pre-oiled baking dish, tucking edges under to seal.
  4. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, and drizzle evenly over chicken.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails