Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Friday, December 31, 2010

December 28 - Valerie's Chicken

I forgot to post dinner the other night...seriously, I think the only night I've cooked so far is Tuesday. The boy and I ate chips and dip for dinner the last two nights while the kids ate either peanut butter (almond butter) and jelly, or pasta. We're all just so sick of food! When I did cook, I made Valerie's Chicken, which is always a big hit around these parts...can't go wrong with this one :)

Valerie's Chicken
Ingredients
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
3 oz. cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup of cooking sherry/white wine

Directions
  1. Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
  2. Brown chicken breasts; season with Italian seasoning.
  3. Simmer 10 minutes.
  4. Combine cream cheese, soup and wine and pour over chicken. 
  5. Let simmer for 20 minutes.

The recipe originally calls for 4 chicken breasts, but I find there isn't enough sauce if you do that many. If you need to do 4 pieces of chicken, DEFINITELY double the sauce (6 oz. cream cheese, 2 cans soup, 1/2 cup wine). Give it a shot with pasta and rice - I like it both ways!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails