Sharing our food successes and failures, new recipes and old favorites
...and throwing in some great money-saving deals here and there!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Three-Day!!!

Please forgive me if you’ve read about this ad nauseum on Facebook, or if you’ve heard me go on about it otherwise, but I am officially registered to do the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk for breast cancer in October! It’s 60 miles in three days and all of the proceeds generated go toward global breast cancer research and local community outreach (screening, educating, treating, etc.). It’s an unbelievably worthy cause, with more than a quarter-million women being diagnosed EVERY YEAR. I’ll be walking with a team of more than a dozen women under the team name, “Girls Need Cleavage” (GNC) – because really, we do!

I’ll be doing many different fundraisers throughout the next 8 months to meet my goal of $2,300. While you all have the opportunity to donate to me directly if you are interested, there will also be some opportunities that can be mutually beneficial. My first fundraiser – the one I’m sharing with you about now – is through Tastefully Simple (you know – those delicious dips, breads, and dessert mixes). A friend of mine is a consultant and has offered to donate all of her profits of sales to our team. So, all you need to do is put together an order of any size and you’ll get the great treats of your choice, and I’ll get some help in raising funds. This first leg of the fundraiser will run through the end of February and since the sales ship directly to you, there’s no need for you to be local. And yes, I know this may seem pretty far in advance, but with Baby #3 on his way in just about 3 ½ months, I want to get a leg up on fundraising!

If you'd like to make a purchase, here are the instructions:
Go to www.tastefullysimple.com/web/smassey3, click on "Shop Our Products", and select "G.N.C." (first name) "3 Day Walk" (last name) as your "Host/Event" at checkout. Your order will ship right to your door, you'll receive it within 7-10 days.

If you have questions or need assistance with ordering, feel free to contact Sharon Massey, Sr. Consultant, at 610-357-3007 or srmassey@verizon.net. Want to see a catalog? Just contact her with your address and she'll mail one to you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails